- The triangular design represents a strong Mauna, or mountain. In Hawai'i, if you are heading towards the Mountains, it is referred to as "Mauka."
- The teardrop shape represents Water, or "Ka Wai Ola" the Water of Life. In Hawai'i, if you are heading towards the Ocean, it is referred to as "Makai."
- Mauka and Makai are not just directional references, they are important natural and cultural references of Land and Ocean.
There needs to be a balance and intercorrelated relationship between the two in order to remain sustainable. Living in Hawai'i requires us to support and protect our `Aina.
- Dimensions are 2 1/4" tall by 1" at widest part of tear drop. When worn, the top of the earring hook to the bottom is roughly 3" tall.
- Sterling Silver (stamped 925) earring hooks
- Laser Cut From solid Koa wood from the Big Island, Hawai'i
- Designed & Cut In Honolulu, cut through to other side
- Every piece is unique, so variations in wood color and pattern should be expected, no two are the same!